|Эта статья всё ещё не переведена на русский язык|
Внесите свой вклад!
For the monster of the same name, see chaos knight.
Chaos Knight is a class in ADOM, that first appeared in v. 1.2.0. Chaos Knights are the sturdiest and perhaps strongest of all classes, and deadly in melee combat from the onset. The problem is, unlike the other adventurers that come to Ancardia to find fame as heroes, Chaos Knights arrive as villains... meaning that they won't be welcomed by many NPCs in the game.
Chaos Knights begin the game very chaotic, regardless of starting race. Most NPCs will refuse to talk to the PC whilst they are chaotic, meaning that some quests will be unavailable and some obstacles harder to overcome. Chaos Knights can find redemption from their ways, though, by converting to another alignment; this requires a lot of lawful acts and/or small sacrifices. NPCs will interact with the PC as normal if not chaotic; although Chaos Knights that have deserted their cause will suffer from other penalties. See Class Abilities for more details.
On the positive side Chaos Knights start out with extremely high PV, are very strong and tough, and are eligible for some extremely powerful crowning gifts. Other than that, life is far from easy for Chaos Knights.
There is a special ending that is only available to Chaos Knights.
Basic Information[править | править исходный текст]
Manual description[править | править исходный текст]
Chaos knights are the dark war leaders of the legions of Chaos. Former members of the common races they have fallen to the lure of Chaos, having become corrupted and tempted. Now they serve as might warriors and brutal fighters on the war-torn battlefields of Ancardia. Clad in mighty armors, wielding brutal weapons they slay their foes left and right and cherish the brutal massacres in which they partake. They are lost to Law and Balance and their only aspiration is to become the mightiest warriors of Chaos, potentially usurping their leaders and toppling their reign to instill an even more brutal regime.
Base/Typical Stats[править | править исходный текст]
Chaos Knights' starting stats vary considerably, depending on what corruptions they start with.
All Chaos Knights receive huge boosts to Strength -- with a guaranteed starting score of about 17 just to carry their equipment (perhaps lower for mist elves) -- and Toughness; as well as extreme penalties to Charisma and Appearance.
Starting Skills[править | править исходный текст]
|Skill||Typical Value||Typical Modifier||Available Ingame?|
|Two weapon combat||Yes|
Crowning Gifts[править | править исходный текст]
- Death's Blade
- Spiked armor of chaos and terror
- Moloch's Thorns
- Crowned spiked helmet of chaos lordship
Chaos Knights can be crowned with four exceptionally powerful gifts to compensate for their harsh ordeals in Ancardia; as well the very respectable Grod, and the rather disappointing Death's Blade.
Special Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
Class Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
- Whilst chaotic, NPCs will not interact with the PC in the usual way. This includes the following effects:
- Neither Thrundarr nor anybody in Terinyo will give quests. This includes the portal quest -- meaning that the PC must pull the portal lever themself by taking Thrundarr away from it.
- Nobody in Dwarftown will offer their services except waldenbrook's shop.
- Hawkslayer will actually become hostile if chatted to.
- The eternal guardian will refuse to let the PC past.
- The mad minstrel won't talk to the PC.
- The old barbarian won't talk to the PC.
- Dak won't let the PC enter the arena.
- Ratling traders won't sell anything.
- Andor Drakon's dialogues before the ultra ending battle will be slightly different.
- Whilst neutral, Chaos Knights that have abandoned their initial Cause will receive the following penalties:
- Some fire damage every 5 turns ("You feel fiery pains in your stomach!" if you are taking damage, or "Aching Pains wreck your bowels!" if fire resistant and taking no damage.)
- Inability to benefit from any class powers
- -2 to every stat.
- Whilst Lawful, you get further penalties:
- A further -2 to every stat.
- even more fire damage: "smouldering flames consume your flesh!" if not immune to fire (mere resistance is NOT enough) / "You burn with fever!" if fire immune and taking no damage.
- Note that Garth and Tywat Pare will never offer training and quests, respectively, to any chaos knight irrespective of alignment.
- Chaos Knights begin the game with four corruptions.
- Heir gift: chaotic mithril battle axe of slaughtering.
Class Powers[править | править исходный текст]
Note that Chaos Knights' powers only work whilst they are chaotic.
- Level 6: Being corrupted regenerates HP; the HP restored appears to be roughly the number of corruption points received divided by 10.
- Level 12: Gets a speed bonus of 1d(level), recalculated at each turn
- Level 18: Gains 1d8 extra skill levels, recalculated at each turn, for their currently wielded weapon
- Level 25: Gains 1d(number of corruptions), recalculated at each turn, to Strength, Dexterity and Toughness.
- Level 32: Receives 25% less corruption from corruption effects if in possession of 5 or more corruptions, or 50% less with 10 or more corruptions.
- Level 40: Gains a 1d(level) damage boost, recalculated at each turn, to damage when wielding a two-handed weapon
- Level 50: Gains 4d6, recalculated at each turn, to PV.
Starting Gear[править | править исходный текст]
All Chaos Knights start off with the following set of armor:
- Horned helmet (mithril cap for mist elves)
- Full plate armor (mithril for mist elves)
- Metal girdle (mithril for mist elves)
- Light cloak
- Thick gauntlets (gloves for mist elves)
- Iron boots (mithril boots for mist elves; none for hurthlings)
Race specific gear[править | править исходный текст]
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|