|Эта статья всё ещё не переведена на русский язык|
Внесите свой вклад!
Duelist is a class in ADOM, that first appeared in v. 1.2.0.
Duelists are fighters that practise melee combat as an artform, putting emphasis on precise strikes with their weapons that can even punch through the armor of humanoid opponents. However, they must not be burdened by equipment or armor nor wielding a two-handed weapon or shield for their penetrating attacks to work. Any of these conditions will also stop them from using their class powers.
Duelists have a very desirable melee skillset that includes Alertness, Find weakness, Dodge and Athletics. Amongst the other classes, duelists perhaps stand out as the specialists of melee combat. Their class powers allow them to become extremely powerful, particularly in the mid-to-late game. Even if they don't follow the restraints of fighting one-handed and not being burdened, they will not get any particular penalties (just denied bonuses), and are still respectable fighters. On the other hand, they have a considerable disadvantage with ranged weapons since they require an enormous amount of marks to increase their skill level with them, and despite starting with Concentration most duelists are not very good magic users. They also have difficulties increasing skill levels with shields, polearms and two-handed weapons.
Regarding race/class combos, obviously a physically strong race would be preferred for the amount of melee combat duelists tend to engage in (as well as allowing them to carry more equipment without becoming burdened); drakelings, dwarves and orcs usually make good choices. Whilst their melee prospects aren't as good, elven duelists at least stand some sort of chance of channeling magic and (except for dark elves) have superior starting equipment. Of course, trolls would be the best class for fighting and carrying a heavy inventory with... though due to slow experience gains they might lose out on some good class powers.
Basic Information[править | править исходный текст]
Manual information[править | править исходный текст]
A duelist emphasizes physical and mental acuity, and precision in all things. Thus, the ability to accurately perceive their surroundings, and gracefully move through it, along with an appreciation for the fine arts that help separate them from their more thuggish contemporaries. They rely on the swiftness of their strikes and their agility to keep them safe from harm. Duelists differ between races however - while a high elven duelist might elegantly skewer his opponents with a rapier while darting through his defenses, a trollish duelist's idea of precision might be the simple fact that their size, reach, and strength allows them to lunge at their opponent from an amazing range and smash them over the head before they can respond, while their mental acuity might be the simple zen of knowing nothing but the clubbing, letting nothing interfere with their "art".
Base Stats[править | править исходный текст]
The base stats for grown up male duelists are tabulated below; female characters will have approximately -1 Strength and 1 Dex, and young characters have slightly less Strength, Learning and Willpower. These stats were generated using the method described on the Talk:Archer page; except with star sign factored in. Variations of /- 5 to each stat will usually exist; or even more if the question system is not skipped.
Duelists generally receive good bonuses to their physical stats -- including a huge boost to Dexterity -- as well as boosts to Charisma and Appearance. They appear to receive a small penalty to Mana, and have average mental stats.
Starting Skills[править | править исходный текст]
|Skill||Typical Value||Typical Modifier||Available Ingame?|
Crowning Gifts[править | править исходный текст]
All of the crowning gifts available to duelists are good, except for the spear (though its current inclusion in the duelists' crowning gift pool might be an oversight, since duelists clearly don't like polearms). Executor is possibly the holy grail for duelists, since combined with their class abilities (particularly penetrating attacks) it can swiftly deal tremendous amounts of damage to particular opponents.
Special Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
Class Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
- Duelists cannot activate or benefit from any class powers if they wearing a shield, wielding a two-handed weapon, wearing heavy armor (250s seems to be the limit), or if burdened or worse.
- If the conditions for allowing their class powers are met, duelists get bonuses of 1 to hit and 1 to damage per two skill levels for their wielded weapon.
- Weapon specialities: The amount of marks required for duelists to advance levels are
- 20% less for one-handed weapons except for polearms
- 2.4 times the usual cost for shields, unarmed fighting, polearms, two-handed weapons and staves
- Over 10 times as much as other classes for missile weapons.
- Heir gift: masterwork <weapon> of defense. Each race practises with a different type of weapon -- e.g. gnomes get a hand axe, dwarves get a battle axe.
Class Powers[править | править исходный текст]
- Level 6: Energy cost for melee attacks are reduced by [skill level for wielded weapon*15]; on top of the usual discount of roughly 25 energy points per skill level.
- Level 12: Gains a 2 bonus to DV per skill level for currently wielded weapon.
- Level 18: 'Glove slap' -- Can stun an opponent for 2d3 turns by giving them gauntlets.
- Level 25: Chance to penetrate armor of opponents upon successful strikes is increased by 20%
- Level 32: Gains a 12 bonus to Dexterity.
- Level 40: Gains 6 extra levels for all one-handed melee weapon skills.
- Level 50: Gains a 20 bonus to speed.
Starting Gear[править | править исходный текст]
All duelists start the game with
Race specific gear[править | править исходный текст]
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|