|Эта статья очень хочет быть переведённой на русский язык.|
Пожалуйста, помогите ей как можно скорее.
Learning is one of the main attributes in ADOM, the second value displayed to the right of your character's name.
Purposes[править | править исходный текст]
Learning does not have an effect on battle performance, but influences several important aspects of your character:
- Skills: The base number of skill increases per level is three. Learning will give additional increases starting with 15; one extra increase per five points (20 Learning gives five skill increases, 25 six and so on). This makes Learning valuable to everyone.
- Reading books: Learning has an effect on the roll made to successfully read a spellbook.
- Learning spells: In addition, Learning is the only stat involved in determining how much spell knowledge you can get from reading a book; it both determines the soft cap on spell knowledge after which successful reads will give few points or none at all, and how many points are gained per read to begin with. This makes Learning of tremendous importance to spellcasters.
- The maximum reachable spell effectivity rating is equal to Learning times two.
- A Learning score of 6 is needed to count the charges in wands.
- A starting score of 10 Learning will grant the Literacy skill to anyone who doesn't get it thanks to race or class, with the exception of barbarians and beastfighters.
- A bonus of Le/1000 experience is given for every single experience point the player receives.
- Learning affects how many weapon marks training with Bart and wishing for "better marks" yields.
According to the manual, Learning affects your ability to write, so it is probably also involved in skill checks made to write scrolls using a magical writing set. It also affects how much information will enter the monster memory.
For Bards, Learning affects the spell knowledge received due to the level 18 class power.
How to train it[править | править исходный текст]
Crystals of knowledge[править | править исходный текст]
One of the more easily attainable methods of training Learning is the use of crystals of knowledge. If you 'u'se a blessed crystal, it will add 1d2 points of Learning in addition to revealing a part of the dungeon map.
Crystals are not terribly common to be found - unless the character has the Gemology skill. With it, the character can mine for gems, including crystals. The only limit involved in doing it yourself is that pick axes might break (but can be repaired by Glod) and a dungeon level might collapse if mined out too much, but a) that's what the Infinite Dungeon is for, and b) you will have more than enough crystals before you run out of levels to mine. Obviously, if you find Hammerhead the sky's the limit - and the sad fact that crystals of knowledge eventually stop working once Learning enters the mid-twenties. Increasing your learning potential with potions of potential learning will make it easier for Learning to increase with crystals - values of 30 (with potential higher than 30 before using the crystals) have been reported.
There's also the possibility of letting others do the mining for you, for instance ants, dwarves and giant raccoons. Gnomish Druids can get almost infinite gems and by extension crystals by the time they reach PC:2.
Reading spellbooks[править | править исходный текст]
Successfully reading spellbooks will train the stat, but this doesn't appear to work that well if Learning is low, when you need it to work most. Still, it's enough of a reason to read all books, even if you don't need the spells, unless you do need the cash.
Cannibalism[править | править исходный текст]
There are no other corpses that can give Learning boosts.
Garth[править | править исходный текст]
Another popular method to increase Learning is by spending money to train with Garth. Higher values require progressively higher amounts of gold, meaning there is a soft cap on this method. This method is commonly employed if the player does not have Gemology and has either already killed the Oracle or doesn't want to. It can be done late game with Casino money, but raising Learning in the tens is cheap enough to be a worthwhile investment of some si gold.
Stat potions[править | править исходный текст]
As with all of the attributes, potions of learning and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Learning. There is no soft or hard cap for using these; blessed potions of gain attributes give 1 (to all other stats also), uncursed potions of learning give 1, blessed potions 2. For this reason, these potions should be blessed, and drunk once all other methods have stopped working.
There is a random illusionary event that will increase Learning by one while also reducing Strength by one. It can happen in any room, but is quite rare. Still, it is usually a worthwhile trade since Strength is rather easier to increase, though a hardcore Barbarian might think otherwise. A decent way to rapidly generate this room message is to stairhop in the Infinite Dungeon - which has the added bonus of generating tons of spellbooks to read.
Class powers[править | править исходный текст]
- Bards receive 6 Learning as part of their level 50 class power.
Corruption[править | править исходный текст]
A few corruptions increase Learning. The PC should read all their books before removing these.
- Babbling mouth: 8
- Bulging cranium: 6
- Voices of cHaOs: 4
Others[править | править исходный текст]
- Casting the Identify spell will slightly train Learning.
- The artifact potion of literacy will train or increase Learning when drunk, if the player has already obtained the Literacy skill through other means. The impact depends on B/U/C status.
How to Abuse It[править | править исходный текст]
Dull rooms[править | править исходный текст]
If you receive the "this seems to be a very dull room" message when entering a room, you should spend as little time in there as possible, as it is indeed so terrifyingly dull it even makes you dumber, leading to Learning score decreases.
Kranf Niest[править | править исходный текст]
Collecting the Kill Jharod reward will result in a 1d3 Learning loss.
Corruption[править | править исходный текст]
The apish corruption will reduce Learning by 1 on the onset, while additionally (and permanently!) decreasing Learning in irregular intervals. It will do the same to Willpower, but increase Strength and Toughness. Melee characters will benefit from the tradeoff. Spellcasters will want to get rid of this corruption as soon as possible.
Items[править | править исходный текст]
Several items in the game will grant a Learning bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- rings and helms of mental stability ( 1)
- the artifacts crown of science ( 9), Iron Crown of Havlor ( 4), and Shirt of the Saints ( 2)
Requirements[править | править исходный текст]
|12||Master Packager, Very Skilled|