|Эта статья всё ещё не переведена на русский язык|
Внесите свой вклад!
Merchant is one of 22 playable character classes in ADOM. It is widely considered to be one of the weakest classes and therefore one of the hardest to play. This is largely caused by the fact that shop transactions (which the class specializes in) are of relatively low importance in the game compared to combat or magic prowess. Merchants start with high amounts of gold by normally very poor equipment which, combined with a shallow skill set, makes them hard to play in the early game, while their trading-related class powers typically allow zero to none advantage in the mid- and late game. However, merchants do feature several interesting features which may satisfy a demand for a challenge or simply a change of gameplay.
Basic information[править | править исходный текст]
Manual information[править | править исходный текст]
Merchants are masters of trade and bartering. They almost all are very wealthy, charming and experts in communication. Each merchant specializes in trading with a certain type of magical items during their apprenticeship. At the beginning of their career, they are equipped with a sample of items to trade with (or use). Merchants are neither well-armed nor well-armored and have to be careful in fights. Should they encounter one of the rare dungeon shops, they will probably make some great deals.
Base Stats[править | править исходный текст]
Starting Skills[править | править исходный текст]
|Skill||Typical value||Typical modifier||Available in-game?|
|Detect item status||15||3d4||No|
|Literacy||Depends on Learning||Depends on Learning||Yes|
- Only if specializing in potions (see below).
Crowning Gifts[править | править исходный текст]
- Boots of the divine messenger
- Crown of leadership
- Iron Crown of Havlor
- Staff of the Wanderer
- Trusted One
Merchants' crowning gifts are relatively good with the exception of questionable auto-cursing gauntlets Shezetriakis. Staff of the Wanderer and Trusted One provide respectful defensive capabilities but seriously lack in the offense which makes their desirability highly dependent on the play style. Boots of the divine messenger and both crowns are top-quality items for their corresponding equipment slots.
Special Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
Class Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
- Every merchant specializes in one of the four types of items (potions, wands, rings or scrolls) which allows him/her to automatically identify items of the corresponding type. A number of specialty items is added to the starting equipment.
- Potion specialization — 3/10 chance, 10-13 starting potions; base knowledge in Alchemy;
- Wand specialization — 2/10 chance, 4-6 starting wands;
- Ring specialization — 2/10 chance, 6-8 starting rings;
- Scroll specialization — 3/10 chance, 10-15 starting scrolls.
- Merchants are allowed to pick an extra talent during character creation.
- Merchants seem to find more shops.
- Merchants are able to use gold pieces as missiles. As with any item used for improvised throwing, this attack uses 1200 energy points. Doppelgangers are not able to deflect thrown coins unlike any other missile weapon.
- Shops do not raise their prices when restocking. Combined with the excellent deals merchnts receive, this allows a merchant to buy out every dungeon shop they find - almost indefinitely!
Class Powers[править | править исходный текст]
- Level 6: Shop prices are lowered by 20%.
- Level 12: Carrying capacity is doubled.
- Level 18: Shop prices are lowered by 40% (overrides level 6 power).
- Level 25: Immunity to weather effects.
- Level 32: Shop prices are lowered by 60% (overrides level 18 power).
- Level 40: Ability to make monsters neutral by 'g'iving them items.
- Level 50: Carrying capacity is tripled; spell knowledge in Create Item.
Starting Gear[править | править исходный текст]
All merchants start with a number of specialty items (see above).
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|