|Эта статья всё ещё не переведена на русский язык|
Внесите свой вклад!
Rangers are wilderness adventurers who specialize in two-weapon and ranged combat, and they feature among the largest number of starting skills of any class. Unfortunately, wilderness abilities are of limited use in regular play since the majority of the game is spent in dungeons, and many players dislike two-weapon combat because of its inherent penalties; nonetheless, Rangers are still a relatively popular class because their skillset and excellent modifiers offers the ultimate in flexibility in playstyle. Obviously, for players who wish to use two-weapon combat for extended periods of time, Rangers are an ideal class. Orcs and Dark elves are among the most popular choices since one of the important skills Rangers do lack is Find Weakness, and both races have excellent starting gear. Because of the relatively unimpressive nature of Ranger class powers, Trolls are also a perfectly respectable choice, since leveling is less important.
Basic Information[править | править исходный текст]
Base Stats[править | править исходный текст]
The base stats for male�rangers are tabulated below. Female rangers will, on average, have -1 Strength and 1 Dexterity compared to males. Note that any value may vary from these typical values by around /-5 due to starsigns or birth effects, and further if the question system is not employed. See Talk:Archer for details on how these tables were generated.�Rangers have high Strength, Dexterity, Perception, and, curiously, Mana. Rangers are borderline illiterate on many races.
Starting Skills[править | править исходный текст]
|Skill||Typical Value||Typical Modifier||Available Ingame?|
|Two Weapon Combat||55||4d4||Yes|
Crowning Gifts[править | править исходный текст]
Rangers are one of the classes that is cursed with a few essentially useless crowning gifts (True Aim, Nature's Friend), but at least have a few that are passably good: Nature's Companion and Sun's Messenger are always good to receive, and one-handed spear enthusiasts will be reasonably happy with the otherwise mediocre Bugbiter. Once the Ranger gains the level 40 class power which provides a sufficient substitute for seven league boots, the Boots of the Divine Messenger are also very attractive.
Special Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
Class Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
- All classes receive a base penalty of -6 to-hit on each weapon while fighting with two weapons. This penalty is waived for Rangers.
- Heir gift: Masterwork mithril battle axe ( 3, 1d6 5 or similar)
Class Powers[править | править исходный текст]
- Level 6: Allows to find more food in the wilderness in less time using Survival; makes the PC immune to weather effects (rain namely).
- Level 12: No longer slowed by terrain in wilderness.
- Level 18: Missile range is increased by 4.
- Level 25: Automatically evade wilderness encounters.
- Level 32: Reduces the weight penalty using two weapon combat by 50%. In practice, this means that (combined) weapon weights of less than 120 are free.
- Level 40: Movement energy cost reduced to 750.
- Level 50: Reduces the weight penalty using two weapon combat by 75%. In practice, this means that (combined) weapon weights of less than 240 are free.
Starting Gear[править | править исходный текст]
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|