|Эта статья всё ещё не переведена на русский язык|
Внесите свой вклад!
Weaponsmiths are a melee-oriented class specializing, as the name suggests, in Smithing. They have a decent skillset, including highly desired Find weakness, as well as Concentration for spellcasting. Athletics gives a great speed boost if maxed as well as extra attribute increases. Although most weaponsmiths are strong and sturdy enough to be played as a pure melee class, the class seems to have a considerable semi-casting potential... though like with archers, the fact that they do not practise literacy as part of their profession makes book reading difficult until around the mid game.
As expected, weaponsmiths' class powers and starting items allow easy access to smithing. Moreover, weaponsmiths are significantly more effective at improving item quality than other classes. Performing extensive smithing can lead to incredible DV and PV modifiers.
As far as race-class combinations, perhaps any race can do well as a weaponsmith. Orcs, dwarves, gnomes and maybe trolls are good choices since they add the mining skill to the weaponsmith's skillset. Drakelings and hurthlings make good choices too, the latter greatly benefiting from the high minimum Strength score of smiths (see below). Elven smiths make good semi-casters around the mid-game, as well as having perhaps better survival prospects than other elves in the early game (particular for mist elves) due to the detect traps skill and starting fire resistance.
Basic Information[править | править исходный текст]
In-game manual description[править | править исходный текст]
Weaponsmiths are crafty men and women able to repair damaged metal equipment and improve items. Weaponsmiths normally are well-equipped and carry the tools of their trade. They are strong and resilient, hardened by many hours of strenuous work.
Base Stats[править | править исходный текст]
The base stats for grown up male weaponsmiths are tabulated below; female characters will have approximately -1 Strength and 1 Dex, and young characters have slightly less Strength, Learning and Willpower. These stats were generated using the method described on the Talk:Archer page; except with star sign factored in. Variations of /- 5 to each stat will usually exist; or even more if the question system is not skipped.
Weaponsmiths receive good bonuses to their physical stats, particularly Toughness. Note that whilst typical base stats -- those depending solely on influences from race and class -- are given for consistency with other pages, since PCs cannot be burdened by their starting inventory (not including a potential Heir-gift) all weaponsmiths have a minimum starting Strength score of 16-18. Whilst some races such as dark elves only need 16 strength points to carry their inventory, others like humans and hurthlings must start with 18 points.
Starting Skills[править | править исходный текст]
Crowning Gifts[править | править исходный текст]
- Bracers of war
- Hammer of the gods
- Perion's mithril plate mail
- Ring of immunity
Half of possible crowning gifts are exceptionally good (BoW and RoI)/above average (Skullcrusher), while Hammer will probably be overshadowed due to the lack of slaying powers and a nasty DV loss (base and weapon skill-wise). The usability and desirability of Perion's plate mail and Protector are highly influenced by the amount of smithing the player is going to perform on their other equipment, as both artifacts lack powerful special abilities.
Special Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
Class Abilities[править | править исходный текст]
- Apparently, weaponsmiths are more likely to succeed at smithing tasks than PCs of other classes.
- Weaponsmiths start the game with an anvil in their inventory allowing immediate access to smithing as soon as a forge is found. The starting anvil also results in high Strength value (typically 16 ), which is significant for fragile races (elves/hurthlings).
- Heir gift is a wickedwarhammer of typical stats ( 0, 2d6 3). mithril
Class Powers[править | править исходный текст]
- Level 6: Can melt all metal items into ingots of their respective type (iron items to iron ingots, mithril items into mithril ingots etc.) Melting can only be performed at a forge.
- Level 12: Smithing is performed four times faster.
- Level 18: A 4 bonus to Strength attribute.
- Level 25: Automatically identify item material if the item in question is metallic.
- Level 32: Permanent immunity to fire.
- Level 40: A 8 bonus to Toughness attribute.
- Level 50: Automatically identify damage of unidentified melee weapons.
Starting Gear[править | править исходный текст]
All weaponsmiths start with
- a ring of fire resistance
- an anvil
- 2d2 ingots (mithril ingots for mist elves, iron ingots for other races)
- some gold
Race specific gear[править | править исходный текст]
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|